The Deputy Sector Navigator for Global Trade & Logistics (DSN-GTL) works with employers to align community college and other workforce development resources with the needs of industry that result in highly specialized industry training, technical consulting and business development. Global Trade and Logistics businesses can access the Centers for International Trade Development (CITD) that are dedicated to serving California’s international trade companies with innovative solutions that are unique and customized to your business.
The CITD has 10 community college based locations across California, including one in San Diego, that assist businesses in expanding globally, assist individuals and students to advance their knowledge of global business and help colleges internationalize their curriculum.
CITD services include:
- Export and import education programs for businesses and entrepreneurs
- Faculty development programs targeting Community College faculty interested in global business
- Programs that prepare students and individuals to obtain industry-certified credentials, such as the Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP), and Customs House Broker (CHB) exams
- Export promotion assistance for companies expanding globally – business matchmaking and trade missions
- “Help Desk” to ask questions about international trade and help solve international business transaction challenges
If you are an employer interested in advising our regional team about how to leverage funding and design curriculum to meet the needs of the global trade and logistics industry, contact us at (619) 482-6393 or by completing the form here.